Re: Looking for a CD Burner in Debian

Can sox save to ogg file type? The ogg format can save space though I don't remember if it's lossless or not. If it isn't, it's best used for speech rather than music.On Thu, 2 Dec 2010, Christopher Brannon wrote:

RiverWind <riverwind@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

 Is there any way that I can combine all of the small pieces of the
book into one large file?

Well met!
The sox utility can concatenate audio files.  For instance:
sox part1.wav part2.wav part3.wav full.wav
The last filename on the command line is the output file, and the first
three are input files.
You may want to specify a filetype for the output file:
sox part1.wav part2.wav part3.wav -t mp3 full.mp3

-- Chris