Re: How do blind people play games?

On the subject of running games under Wine, I would add that most of Jim Kitchen's Windows games run under Wine with little to no trouble. Most SAPI5 speech synthesizers, which his games require in order to be self-voicing, also install and run with no difficulty. The only one of his games that won't work properly is Trucker, because it requires a screen reader instead of SAPI5 voices, and NVDA doesn't run properly with Wine.

As for a native Linux solution, I really like SoundRTS. Sorry, I don't have a link for this anymore, but it's written in Python and works very well.

Thanks for letting us know that Top Speed 2 runs in Wine. I'll go and install it presently.

~Kyle