Re: how to set up a Linux box

speaking to your second question, it all depends on just what you desire this Linux box to do for you. Linux is like clay, or more like a very very good buffet restaurant. Your choice in distribution should be rooted in the task you desire doing that you cannot do in your present setup.
just my thought,
Karen