Re: snownews-and-Related?

First find the url you think is the rss feed or xml feed and get the cursor on it then hit the "=" sign in lynx. Look to where it says url: and then check the ending of the next line. If it's xml or rss, then you have a feed. Copy that feed and save it in a separate file then close lynx and open up snownews and hit the a command then paste that url in. Then try to open the url and see what happens.On Fri, 11 Apr 2008, Lee Maschmeyer wrote:

Hi Hart,

According to the man page, lynx is already the default browser for snownews. At least that's the way it is on Cygwin. My browse file already says "lynx %s". I'm not sure what you want to accomplish.

Also according to the man page, if I recall or understand correctly, the o command opens a news item.

Note I've never successfully read anything with snownews. I suppose I have to get the URL of an RSS feed and paste it into the add command. I tried the main page of a site I think has an RSS feed but it didn't work. Isn't there some easier way? Or maybe there isn't really an RSS there; I'll have to check.

--
Lee Maschmeyer
Computing Center Services