Re: snownews-and-Related?

newsticker too inside of emacs. A command like m-x newsticker-start <cr> gets it started up. After that, info newsticker for the documentation.On Fri, 11 Apr 2008, Jan and Bertil Smark Nilsson wrote:

Greetings,

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 08:29:23PM -0700, Hart Larry wrote:
HI All:  Well, I ran snownews, made a change in the browser file, so it
now says
lynx %s
This now successfully goes to the articles, however, its just showing me
essentially a screen-capture of the way a page would look in lynx,
without printer friendly.  Are their other modifications in snownews
which will just show me the straight articles, like an old gopher site
would have?
Also, on another list, some1 mentioned some other similar tools.  Please
list your experiences with these:
Straight command line/curses interface:
   1 snownews *
   2 raggle *
   3 theyoke *
   4 Newsbeuter
   5 wnews *
   6 rsstool *
   7 getrss
   8 myrss

I've tried Snownews and Newsbeuter and I prefer the latter.

Bertil