Re: M-Player-and-dot-Mod Files?

As far as I'm aware, there are no plugins for mplayer that support mod files. I have all the Windows codecs and ffmpeg and native codecs on my system, but mplayer won't touch mod files. There is a player called Audacious which will handle just about all mod files you can throw at it using the xmp-audacious plugin, as well as mp3, wav, ogg, flac, wavpack, and a bunch of other things, But I think you need an X server to build it. It does run from the command line with a couple of different clients and also includes an equalizer, so if you have a prebuilt version in your package repository that doesn't require GTK, you should be able to run it without too much trouble. There are at least 2 text only clients for it that I'm aware of at this time, the basic audtool that comes with the package and a separate client called audtty.

Kyle

--
 Jesus you're my life.
I live only to serve You