Re: Questions?

Give Ubuntu a try. It does come with a screen reader on board called Orca. This allows you to use the Gnome desktop environment the same way you would use Windows with Jaws or Window Eyes. Just download and burn the Ubuntu Intrepid CD from
http:/www.ubuntu.com
and load it into your CD-ROM drive. Then boot the computer. Wait for about 5 seconds after the CD starts spinning and press enter. Then press f5, 3 and enter twice. Then you are well on your way to using Linux. If you have any further questions, feel free to write back to the list, or you can contact me off list if you have more specific questions once you get started or if you have any trouble getting started. And let me be the first to congratulate you on your breakaway from MS, which may actually happen sooner than you think once you see this little Ubuntu thing.

HAND,
Lorenzo
--
 Great Goddess Isis,