Re: Mp3Blaster-and-WhiteNoise?

Hart Larry wrote:
Trying to figure out a good subject-line for this question. I have an mp3blaster sound-card, running alsa in FC6 console. Some years ago if I were not playing any audio, I could still hear some white noise when I turned up the volume on these powered speakers. Well, now it is quiet unless I am playing audio or video. I mostly have to use m player as it has a grapic equalizer--and I can crank up the highs. Just wondering if there's a way to enable the amplifier all the time?

Hi,

Have you tried amixer? That's designed to show all the controls for your sound card. Try this:

amixer controls
amixer contents
man amixer

I prefer aumix but that doesn't show every control. Once you figure out what control it is, do something like this:

amixer set Master playback 100,100

I am unfamiliar with your sound card but amixer is part of ALSA so the above should work.