Re: some php problems

Kristoffer Gustafsson wrote:

one last question. where does my sql server store it's passwords?
I forgot what i entered as password when installing, because it was a so long time ago.
and how doI change it?

Depends whether you mean the root password or a user password.

User passwords are stored in the mysql database, in the user table.

You can change a user password by using the following query:

set password for 'user'@'localhost' = password('newpassword');

Note that mysql usually has two entries, one for user@yourhostname and one for user@localhost. You may want permissions to be different for each of these depending on your security requirements.

Note also that you can change the root password this way *if* you can login as root.

By default, root has no password so if you haven't changed it, "mysql -u root" should get you in as root.

If you *have* set the root password and can't remember what it is and haven't granted yourself all root privs as a user account, read http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/resetting-permissions.html

Geoff.