Ubuntu and Speakup again

Hi,

I got no response so perhaps my email was too long. Does Ubuntu have any Speakup support? I saw nothing when I searched ubuntu.com. I would like to play with X but I want Speakup also for console apps.

Also, how does one get to the volume control with Orca? I got the live CD working but it's too quiet. I read to right-click on something but I can't find it. I'm totally new to X and Orca so detailed steps would be helpful. Thanks very much.