Re: some php problems

Kristoffer Gustafsson wrote:

I've gotten some php problems.
I want to install mysql,apache and php under linux.
but I get php4 instead of php5.
I've gotten both of them installed right now.
how do I edit this thing?

Presumably the problem is that Apache is using the wrong version of PHP. If you're using Apache2, try installing libapache2-mod-php5 or if using apache1.3 install libapache-mod-php5. This should remove the PHP 4 version as it is a conflict.

also, is there a version of phpadmin, that works with php5?

I assume you mean phpmyadmin. Phpmyadmin works with both, and the version in Etch will work with whichever is installed.

And finally, my friend(it's his server) is talking about something he calls bear.
how do I install that?

Sounds like it's pear. Just install the php-pear package. There are also a lot of pear extensions that are available in Debian as packages, so if he wants particular extensions you might be able to simply install those extension packages and php-pear will be pulled in along with them.

I'm using debian. the latest lenny version.

Note that I'm using Etch so there may be a few differences.

Geoff.