Re: speakup won't talk

On 2/12/2007 7:41 AM, Jude DaShiell wrote:
It's because files outside of /usr/local directory hierarchy are fair gaim for upgrading packages to u8pgrade or erase. This applies both to yum as well as apt and aptitude and any other upgrade facility on linux.

I got a default set of conf files for speechd-up and then after extracting them I changed my settings. I backed it all up and rebooted. It all worked fine. It seemed to be /usr/local/etc/speechd-up.conf I think that is the one anyway.

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
daniel.dalton47@xxxxxxxxx