Re: Linux with Software Synth on Dell Enspiron2600 Laptop

Thanks a marvelous tip.  I think I'm going to love this!!!!
Will Herzog
=======
Stephen Clower wrote:
Herzog wrote:
... but Jaws does sound so much easier to listen to.

You can buy a copy of the IBM TTS engine, which sounds identical to the Eloquence synthesizer which ships with JFW. http://voxin.oralux.net sells it for five bucks, and www.TTSynth.com sells it for $40; take your pick. Regardless of which package you choose, they install easily onto Ubuntu and are immediately available to orca. The response time with the IBM engine is very snappy, too.

- All my best,
- Steve