Re: Linux with Software Synth on Dell Enspiron2600 Laptop

Any Help?? I just got a new Dell inspiron 1420 laptop; that's the one with Ubuntu loaded. It works, but being a JAWS user, I want speech. Following lists I get the notion I want Espeak. Should I use this? how to get and install? (Follow Espeak.com on Google?) or what is advise? I'm a complete newbie to Linux, but have been following lists for couple years, trying to learn.
Wil Herzog
Martin McCormick wrote:
Willem van der Walt writes:
The last oralux is not that old, should most likely still do what you want
it to.
In terms of free software speech and limmited resources, nothing beats
espeak.

	Thank you. I did get the current version of grml and am
trying to see if it is usable. It is frustratingly close to very........