Re: PS Question about cursor size in Debian and derivatives

Thank you very, very much, Tim.

I'm sorry I didn't get back to thank you sooner. My alligators started snapping unexpectedly.

I have clipped both of your messages to my personal wiki and will definitely use the information. Your first post is worthy of publication. I hope you might consider doing so, along with an update for the Gursor Maker package. I can not be the only one looking for such information. :-)

Yes, I am the same Marbux. Investigating and writing about office software interoperability issues from a legal perspective is among my retirement hobbies. Another is studying the evolution of telecommunications code, which I think offers a more reliable method of studying the history of computing than focusing on the hardware, which comes and goes without much continuity in the historical records. I hope to publish articles on that subject in the future.

I mostly lurk on this list because I was stuck on Windows until I retired and haven't yet developed enough expertise with Linux to be helpful very often. I may never do so because my computing needs are so much less complex since I retired. But it sure is nice to work with a far more stable platform.

I'm currently working on persuading Mepis to play nice with a new Intel motherboard with an Intel dual-core processor. Most of the issues I've managed to trace point to the hardware side and an Intel/AMI BIOS that isn't ready for Linux prime-time. I think I goofed by giving Intel another chance after all these years will probably switch to a motherboard that supports an AMD dual-core processor or an AMD i586 processor.

Again, thanks for the great help, Tim.

Marbux (who is still looking for the inventor of the electrical switch)