Re: Console text file viewer

Yes, and that's exactly what I don't want. I don't want it to edit or write to the file. I want a read-only program. I'm aware that vi(1) has a read-only mode but I really don't want to learn the command set just to view a file. All I need is an advanced pager with bookmarks and auto-scrolling and of course a decent search. Something like less(1) would be fine if it had those features.