Re: Console text file viewer

At 12:18 PM 5/21/07 +0200, you wrote:
Hi,

Tony Baechler, le Mon 21 May 2007 03:08:22 -0700, a écrit :
> I'm looking for a file viewer program for plain text that's
> console-based.  I'm aware of more(1) and less(1) but that's not what
> I had in mind.  I want more than a pager.  I would like something
> like a DAISY reader but for plain text.

It looks like you are looking for something that Sébastien wrote called
"bless"

OK, what is the url?  Debian Etch doesn't have it.

> I thought about something like vi(1) but it doesn't
> offer bookmarks

It can remember the position where you were last time, see :help
viminfo.

Yes, but it doesn't automatically scroll (or at least didn't many years ago when I looked at the man page) and apparently has to read the whole input file before starting. Some files are very large and I don't want to wait for it to load.