To: <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2006 6:03 PM
Subject: Fedora & BRLTTY installation info

Hi,
after about a year, I decided to change my linux distribution, from ubuntu to fedora Does this distribution have the hardware detection, i mean, does it detect the Braille display? I have an alva braille system 40 (satellite series) it should work with brltty 3.5x and higher, and I had a lot of difficulties with ubuntu, because I had to compile brltty by hand and I didn't manage to make it work with the USB driver.
Should I have the USB-to-serial support compiled?
And, is it true that yum is similar to apt?
thanks a lot, in advance

--
Talksina, saved by a bell!
ICQ# 242977025