Re: braillified Fedora core 2 installation

Dave Mielke writes:
> firstboot is an X application so a user needn't worry about it unless he's
> installing X. That being said, I do isntall X as my wife and children wouldn't
> be happy were I not to do so. I must admit, though, that this is the first I've
> ever heard of firstboot. This is because I let my children do my installs for
> me so I've actually never done one on my own. With such a large family, I don't
> have a spare computer to allocate to such experimentation.

Now that you mention it, I'm not sure what happens if one carefully deselects any X options in the install. As things stand with firstboot, though, it's a showstopper for the simple reason that it launches before mingetty spawns any consoles. So, there's effectively nothing the blind user can do other than go asking someone for sighted assistance. And, until firstboot's questions are answered (or it's turned off via chkconfig), it continues to come up. Once you go through its screens, it's out of the way.

> --
> EMail: dave@xxxxxxxxx | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.
> http://familyradio.com/                   | http://mielke.cc/bible/

				Janina Sajka, Director