Re: braillified Fedora core 2 installation

[quoted lines by Cheryl Homiak on 2004/05/23 at 15:00 -0500]

>Is it necessary with the braillified Fedora core disk, if one then
>installs by cdrom, to go through the steps of turning off firstboot and
>kudzu before rebooting as is true with speakup?

Yes, those things would need to be done. Note, however, that it's not necessary
to turn kudzu off altogether. It's merely necessary, if your braille display
uses a serial port, to tell kudzu not to rpobe serial ports. This is done by
setting "SAFE" to "yes" in "/etc/sysconfig/kudzu".

>Is there documentation I
>should be reading re: this question?

No, but I'll be glad to add some. Please let me know which steps you use to
disable kudzu and firstboot so that I can consider them for inclusion.

EMail: dave@xxxxxxxxx | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.
http://familyradio.com/                   | http://mielke.cc/bible/