Re: New member with a speakup/emacspeak question

Hello. I am not stupid as your comments would imply. I have been using Linux off and on for at least two, maybe three years. I have st up a Debian server for a business. I am going by my own experience. I thought there was a better way but I wasn't sure what. I thought it was a little odd to have to reboot to switch kernels, but when I tried using both Speakup and Emacspeak I could not get it to work otherwise. I also heard a Linux demonstration by Matt Campbell who set up the ACB Radio server which described a similar procedure. I understand that you have the AFB backing you, but please don't treat people like idiots. I frankly admitted that my advice was probably wrong and now I have been corrected.