Re: New member with a speakup/emacspeak question

Hi. This is probably not the best way, but the only way I know of to get Speakup and Emacspeak to work together is reboot when you want to switch. In other words, your kernel has Speakup patched in and you want to use Emacspeak. Switch to a non-speaking kernel without the Speakup patch, reboot, and try Emacspeak. When you are done, switch back to the Speakup kernel. There are a variety of ways of switching. I think you can hold down the shift while it is booting and a menu will come up if you are using lilo. Of course you will not have speech to read the menu, so you could manually edit lilo.conf first. Either way, make sure to run lilo after changing kernels.