Re: best way to install Debian

> However, I ran into a problem trying to install a Debian kernel.
> First I picked the wrong kernel, then I couldn't get rid of it. Where do I
> go from here. My machine uses an Athlon 400MhZ processor. I also have
> Redhat 80. on this machine and I don't want to lose access to it.
What you should probably do is to chroot into your redhat and add an entry for
your bootloader for this debootstrapped Debian,

I think your kernel should be something like kernel-image-2.4.20-k6, skip the
lilo configuration part of course or it will overwrite your mbr, I remember I
had used a secondary lilo, installed at the beginning of the partition, so
that I could modify both independantly (changing the root parameter if my
memory is correct) but you don't need this ...

seb