Re: best way to install Debian

I ussed debootstrap to install Debian in a separate partition. Then I
could use chroot to run that installation and use apt-get to get more
packages. However, I ran into a problem trying to install a Debian kernel.
First I picked the wrong kernel, then I couldn't get rid of it. Where do I
go from here. My machine uses an Athlon 400MhZ processor. I also have
Redhat 80. on this machine and I don't want to lose access to it. Right
now the machine uses grub to boot, but I think lilo is more accessible.

Thanks,
John

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004,  wrote:

> hi
> maybe if you have several partition you could use debootstrap to install a
> clean system into one of them and remove your previous one,
>
> good luck
> seb

John J. Boyer; Executive Director, Chief Software Developer
Computers to Help People, Inc.
http://www.chpi.org
825 East Johnson; Madison, WI 53703