Re: javascriptable text borwser, some nice news

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, Nath wrote:

 > Yes I use links too ! But can someone tell me how to use bookmarks in
 > links ? On my screen I see bookmarks on the top of the window which
 > displays the bookmarks but I don't find the good key in order to place
 > the cursor on the bookmark list. Is the mouse the only way to do that
 > even in text mode or have you find another solution ?
I've found the same problem as you have and no solution as of yet.
Tab-key only switches between the options in the lower part of the window.
Whilst the arrow-keys do select the bookmakrs, the cursor is not moved
there.

Links just uses an html-file for storage link lynx does, but in a bit
different format.
I'll see if I can find a way to get a workaround for this.
Maybe this may help:
edit the .links/bookmarks.thml file and put a links to the file itself on
the first row of your saved bookmarks.
then whent he window opens, press the down arrow twice to select the forst
bookmark and press return (provided your cursor is at the goto position).
This may bring up a page including some manual/configuration links
followed by your bookmarks.
It ain't perfect, but that's why it's called a hack ;)