Re: two redhat 8.0 questions

Jude DaShiell wrote:

> 2) when I type man sendmail, I read about postfix.

I think we need a little more background on what you are doing to help.

If you have Postfix installed I would expect "man sendmail" to tell you
about Postfix's sendmail compatibility.

Why anyone would want to install sendmail on a box, unless it is
specifically to replace an old sendmail install, is beyond me.

In there some reason you don't want to use Postfix as your MTA, it is
far easier to configure and much more secure than sendmail.