Re: CCC was UPS

"Stoppard" <stoppard@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Dear Mary,

First of all, I am male, and called Mario :-).

> Did you go to the CCC camp

Yes, I visited CCC Camp 2003 in Berlin and HAL (Hackers At Large) 2001
in the Netherlands, University of Twente.

> and if so may i ask what it was like and what you did?

Well, both occasions were just great.  At HAL2001 I was
only for two days, so the whole thing was a bit stressful given
that we had to travel 11 hours by car to get there.
At the CCC Camp 2003, we stayed for 5 days, which nicely
compensated the long car trip.
My main activity at both events was paying visits to the
various talks and presentations, and experimenting
with the local network setup.  At both events, the organisators
managed to bring up a wireless network on the whole camp area, so
that by itself was enough reason to play around with things.

> How did people react to your visual imparment, assuming you have
> one.

Yes, I am fully blind, and no, there was no special
reaction at all.  I experienced that as a very positive
thing.  It kind of seems like all the people on that event
were too intelligent to ask stupid disability questions.  Or
they have all seen Sneakers :-).

--
CYa,