Re: UPS

I bought my UPS from a friend of mine some years ago, it was already
used, and very cheap, but it still works today.  It is one of the
very minimalistic models, without any possibility to connect a data-cable
or something to a computer.  It only has 4 outlets for connecting
things, and one button to turn it off/on.  Thats about all, so it
can not warn the hardware about the fact that it will soon stop to
produce electricity.  Last time I needed it, it could rpovide backup
electricity for about 15 minutes.

Note that such a UPS can also be a very good protector in environments
where you really do not trust the electricity on the wire, like
on computer geek tent camps, like HAL2001 or CCC Camp 2003.  Having
a UPS at such events is really a good idea, since sometimes,
very strange things are happening with electricity on open air events.

awesome-dave1@xxxxxxxx writes:

> Hello,
> 	Any user's of UPs's please contact me as i am wanting to purchase one. I
> want to get one that is relatively cheap, and that works with *nix based
> systems.
> Thanks.
> 	Dave.

CYa,