Re: UPS

No you don't.  Those units are routinely shipped out with dead batteries
that don't hold charges.  If you can come up with $350.00 a better
investment would be a fuel cell.  No batteries in them to die and they
work when you load them up with water and needed salt.  Awhile ago a
friend sent me info on a canadian company that sells them for this price
and the specs are impressive.  I'll be able to get it no earlier than next
week but the cell just started being marketed in 2003 so you may be able
to find it on the web.