Re: ntpdate and where is rc.local under SuSE?

Hello!

Zitat von Aldo <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 05:43:22PM +0100, Mario Lang wrote:
> > IIRC, it was named something like rc.boot.

With newer SUSE distros there isn't such a file. All the rcscripts are
located under /etc/init.d. The information that they need are either
directly set in the rcscript or the were taken from coresponding files
in /etc/sysconfig.

> So I tried to look after puting it in crontab
> but, hm, the problem is now that the crontabs directory doesn't
> exist;
> what exists is  /var/spool/cron/tabs  (not /crontabs/) so am I sure
> that
> editing a  crontab -e  with for example:
> 00 12 * * * /usr/sbin/ntpdate ntp.belnet.be >/dev/null
> will put this on the right place?

Yes, that will work. Create the crontabentry with the user that should
execute the command in the crontab the way you wrote above. Also take a
look in /etc. There are some directories called cron.d, cron.hourly
cron.dayly, cron.monthly etc. In this directories you can put scripts
or programs or what ever should be executed. Also in /etc you can find
a file called crontab. Here you can also setup crontabentries.

I heared taht doing things
> manually
> under SuSE will provide conflicts after that under YaST,

thats not right. YaST recognizes if a file was modified manualy and if
this is true no changes will be made.

Regards,
Schoeppi