Re: Update: Linux Accessibility Event -19 November 2003 - Birmingham

Very sorry, but these are badexamples.

MS Word docs can be converted to text with wvware, or anteword, or
catdoc. There are conversion utils for xls as well. You can extract text
from pdf even if the security flag is set.

StarOffice/OpenOffice native format is xml, so that's also a bad
example.

Netscape and Opera are browsers and thus don't have a native file
format.

Oracle is, of course, a database application. I can't imagine there
isn'ta way to load these files--but I don't have experience of it.

technomage writes:
> From: technomage <technomage-hawke@xxxxxxx>
>
> here's some examples:
>
> netscape
> opera
> oracle
> staroffice
> applixware
> openoffice
> forte` for java
> kylix
> and a whole host of others.
>
> a few of these I have no choice but to work with (how else am I going to read
> Microsoft authored .doc files in linux?).
>
> Mage
>

> On Friday 10 October 2003 08:58 pm, BlindTech wrote:
> > it depends if what you call work in text mode, just progs written for gui
> > or just some apps that won't meaning what??

Janina Sajka
Email: janina@xxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group