Re: QUOTING!!!

On 09/06/03  6:48 PM +0100, Guy Abandon. wrote:
> Can I ask people to take some care with quoting, one of the recent
> ones had 4 words ahead of about a thousand word explanation and
> another where the comment was after the several hundred word quote....
> I want to find the new comment sooner, not that much later!

I understand what you're saying, but for old netizens putting new
material after quoted material is kind of a habbit. You may have noticed
that on most lists you get a *lot* of flames if you top quote. I do
however completely agree with trimming quoted material.

With mutt you can use T (shift-t) to tell it not to show quoted text.
That is one of the main reasons I use mutt, that and I can change the
format of *everything* to avoid the speaking of extranious information.
--
Unix is a user friendly operating system. It just picks its friends more
carefully than others.