Re: Reading the Elba's filesystems

At 2003/09/02 00:09:33 Tommy Moore wrote:
stp1800> The to files that get installed on to the Elba are zimage.img andd ramdisk.img.
stp1800> I'm assuming that the zimage.img file contains the boot loader and
stp1800> kernel for the Elba.
stp1800> The ramdisk.img file probably contains the root filesystem that has
stp1800> directoies like
stp1800> /etc /home/usr and others.
stp1800> I was able to read the kernel messages for the Elba and in the
stp1800> messages there was something about jfs support so I added this in to
stp1800> my kernel to try to mount the images.
stp1800> After adding jfs in to my kernel I rebooted and tried to mount the
stp1800> images as loop devices like I would for things like floppy disks and
stp1800> cdroms and when I tried this the system couldn't find a valid
stp1800> filesystem on either image.
stp1800>
stp1800> Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

A much better place to get answers to your questions will be handhelds.org, netwinder.org  and zaurus.com , subscribe to the various mailinglists there and you will get much better and succinct answers to your questions than here , as these devices are based on the same hardware platform as the ELBA
Several of the subscribers to this list are also active over there ( Nicholas Pitre and Sacha Chua to nam a few and Russel King , Philip Blundel and Alan Cox (ARM Linux maintainers )  are over there as well , likewise David Woodhouse ( maintainer of JFFS , wich is also used on the ELBA  )