Re: Reading the Elba's filesystems

Hi Luke.
On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 08:19:44AM +1000, Luke Yelavich wrote:
> I remember doing this awhile back, and remember having to rename one of the
> files with a .gz extension, unzip it, and then mount it as a
loopback.

Yes, I've done this with the ramdisk.gz file and even tried to add a
file to it and then repack the file with gzip to see if I could get my
file to show up on the raw file system once loaded on to the Alba.
This did not work however so what I suspect is that the ramdisk.gz
file is only meant to get loaded off the flash card to make the flash
procedure work for updating the unit.
There's a shell script in the update zip package that tells the system
to dd the two .img files on to the partitions on the internal memory
nad this is why changing something in the ramdisk.gz file didn't get
my file placed on to the Elba.

Tommy