Re: Conversing Over LAN

just a thought, why not run a private ircd on your lan. don't open
it up to  the internet and allow your work mates to communicate that
way.
just a thought,
 Thus spake A. R. Vener,
> John,
>
> You might be able to use the talk command over the LAN.  Otherwise they can
> telnet to your machine and use the write command.
>

> Also, I was deaf blind  and used the same system as you
> have described for many years, but received a cochlear implant
> which lets me use speech with my computer and hear
> people very clearly, including over the telephone.  If you haven't
> looked into cochlear implants yet, it might be worth your while to do so.
>
> Rudy
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 11:32:21AM -0500, John J. Boyer wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am deaf-blind and use my computer to communicate with others in my
> > organization. Normally, people can type on the computer keyboard while I
> > am running a text editor such as nano and what they type appears
> > immediately on my braille display through brltty. I can also type on my
> > braille Lite and it appears immediately on the screen. However, my office
> > is on the second floor and we have some people in wheelchairs. It would be
> > very nice if they could communicate in the same way from their computers
> > over our LAN. I could set up an account on my machine and they could
> > telnet to it, but how would I know what they are typing, and how would
> > they receive what I type? Is there a program that root can use to see a
> > user's screen and type onto it?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > John
> >

> > --
> > Computers to Help People, Inc.
> > http://www.chpi.org
> > 825 East Johnson; Madison, WI 53703

Shaun Oliver
"Becareful of the toes u step on today, they maybe connected to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!"

EMAIL: shaun_oliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ICQ: 76958435
YAHOO: blindman01_2000
MSN: blindman_2001@xxxxxxxxxxx
AIM: captain nemo 200
IRC: irc.awesomechat.net:6666
IRCNICK: blindman
CHANNELS: #awesomeradio #mircpopup-magic #linux #help #ourworld #audiofile #mauisun