got oralux working with brltty

Maybe somebody already accomplished this and posted but I didn't see such a message and I remember there was some debate about it.
There is a file in orlux that should enable you to make a boot floppy, in DOS, with the proper parameters; it is called knoblind.bat (warning: if you are using grade 2 in brltty it looks like knobl.bat. but it is k n o b l i n d .bat) However, I couldn't get this to work for me. so I instead used mkfloppy.bat and modified one of the append lines (there are several append lines for different levels but I just modified one at this point) adding the following;
brltty=bl,/dev/ttyS0,us.tbl (I wasn't sure whether it should be "texta" before the "us.tbl" but I don't think the default i saw in the knoblind.bat had that so I didn't put it in).
I then rebooted using the floppy and of course with the cd in the cdrom drive, and got brltty-3.2. The only error i got was something about the tdk or gdk (wasn't sure because I heard it but didn't see it on the display) directory not being found. You have to hit enter a couple of times and then you are in emacspeak. I think you have to get into the shell to mount your directories.
I also have the impression that Knoppix proper (without the speech0 may also carry braille display support if you want that and don't care about the speech, but i haven't tried this yet.
I suspect that if you use the regular Knoppix distribution you might have to put something in your append line to ensure you get text mode; will let you know when I get around to experimenting with that.
If you want to boot directly from the cdrom and don't want to have to type in parameters etc., I would imagine you could mount the iso file before burning and make modifications accordingly; also something I may try eventually.
Hope this is helpful or of interest to somebody.

Cheryl