Re: got oralux working with brltty

Hi Cheryl,

> *However, I couldn't get this to work for me.
Knoblind.bat works with Win9x. For WinNT, XP, Oralux 0.04 includes
knoblindxp.bat.

> The only error i got was something about the tdk
> or gdk (wasn't sure because I heard it but didn't see it on the display)
Probably, Oralux tried to install the DECtalk software, which is expected in
the dtk directory (in one of your hard disk partitions).
But the default choice is Flite.

> You have to hit enter a couple of times and then
> you are in emacspeak.
The introductory menu interprets the Enter key as "OK", so DECtalk installation
started. I guess that the sound was too low: It is fixed with the current
release.

> I think you have to get into the shell to mount your
> directories.
Yes.

> Knoppix proper (without the speech) may also
> carry braille display support if you want that and don't care about the
> speech, but i haven't tried this yet.
Yes, that's right. Knoppix is blind friendly.

> If you want to boot directly from the cdrom and don't want to have to type in
> parameters etc.,
You will find syslinux.cfg in KNOPPIX/boot.img.
The forum at http://knoppix.net supplies a number of relevant information to
customize the CD.

Greetings,

Gilles