Re: here is the error message Magma is giving me. I am determendto get this darn thing working if its the last thing I do I need some help

the brilliant beast wrote:

some one please give me the correct info command to debug.

When you run a shell script like Magma.sh on Unix, the shell interprets it step by step. If you use the command line flag of "-xv" discussed below, it will show these steps one at time before execution. There may be huge numbers of steps, but if you read throught the output concentrating on the final few lines you should find out what's happening.

Directory for temporary files does not exist. Attempting to create it.

The installation program may require you to run as root, but not document that fact. Or it may be trying to create a directory in your home directory where you have unusually tight permissions. Or it might be trying o create a directory on the CDROM where you are reading the installation media from. There are other possible permission problems, but the trace below should help you find them.

Alan Peery staggered into view and mumbled:

It looks to me like you're missing a required argument to the script--the directory where it is supposed to install/run. If you collect more debug info by starting the script as follows:

[root@xxxx root]# sh -xv Magma.sh

And trimming the output appropriately, people here should be able to help.

Alan