Re: SV: a problem

However, the rather military setting of mentioned game aside, it is still
in my opinion the best currently available implementation of a whole new idea:
Providing a two dimentional audio space which really works(TM).

I agree with you that something less aggresive would be a much better
setting.  BTW, did anyone already look into the feasability of using
OpenAL to create an engine for such interfaces for Linux?  I gather
that the API should be suitable, I am still not clear on what type of hardware
one needs to actually get good results.  My impression is that the
algorithms used to create good results on standard headphones are somehow
unavailable due to patent restrictions.  That is more or less a guess on
lack of true information though...

--
CYa,
  Mario