Re: segmentation fault

It means a  compiled program is trying to access a memory address outside
of thedata space allocated for it.

Typical causes include  attempting to access an array with an index
value greater than  the size of the array or  improperly
setting a pointer in a  program.

Wen the program is compiled and the resulting executable is run,  the
out of range index or bad pointer can cause the segmentation fault.

What program is running when the  segmentation fault ioccurs?  Does it cause a
core dump?

The core dump will contain debug information that tells you where the
problem occurred and possibly let you  identify the cause.

Rudy