Bios identification

Hi all.
Is there anything out there in linux that could tell me what I have for a bios?
I tried the boot floppy you can make with lilo but unfortunately that just
displays the info and it comes up before any OS would. I also tried running
provox in DOS but the info the log gives starts with msdos loading so that
didn't help. Lspci gives me pci information but doesn't specify the bios. I want
to know how large a hard drive this bios will allow me to have and i hate having
somebody have to come over just to do that.

Thanks.

cheryl