Re: Bios identification

Cheryl,

I don't know the answer, but linux, with modern bootloaders,
including LILO, are not limited to what the BIOS says for
the maximum hard drive size. Linux only needs that BIOS
info to boot. I have a machine that, when I attach a 20 GB
hard drive, the BIOS shows it as 8 GB. But linux can access
the whole drive. So your quest to find out how big of a
hard drive you can use is probably a red herring. It does
not matter what the BIOS can address. Linux will do direct
communication with hardware after boot.

-- Doug