Oralux

Hi,

Just a few words to introduce me: I am a developer, in my free time
contributing to free softwares. As I may lose my visual acuity, I am
particularly interested in Oralux.

The project was born about three months ago in the Carrefour Blinux mailing
list.
A new member, a late blind lady,  wished to install and learn GNU/Linux for
simple tasks : managing her files, probably reading her emails, and browsing
the web.
She lives far from any Linux User Group and is not comfortable with Braille.
So she asked if there was a voice synthesis in KNOPPIX.

Oralux includes EFlite and Flite, supplying an English voice synthesis. For
persons who bought the DECtalk software, Oralux may automatically install it.

Nath, who is the project maintainer, may use Oralux with her braille display.

Best regards,

Gilles

--
Oralux http://oralux.org