Re: machine with Linux on flash card

Rafael Skodlar <raffi@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I'm sure they trimmed it down to fit the smallest possible flash memory
> but you should be able to replace that memory with a bigger one, 256 MB
> for example. Motherboard is Pentium compatible so most binaries for PCs
> should run on it.

For me, 64 megabytes of CF is quite adequate, because I use a speech-enabled
kernel and hardware synthesis.
Theoretically, I would just need to replace their kernel with one that has
been compiled with support for speech synthesis.

If I buy a Mini-Box and make it speak, or build my own talking system
around the mini ITX motherboard, I will certainly describe my experiences
on the list.

Thanks to all who replied to me for their helpful information.  It has given
me plenty of ideas.