From: blinux-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:blinux-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Christopher Brannon
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 12:43 PM
To: blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: machine with Linux on flash card

Rafael Skodlar <raffi@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I'm sure they trimmed it down to fit the smallest possible flash
> memory but you should be able to replace that memory with a bigger
> one, 256 MB for example. Motherboard is Pentium compatible so most
> binaries for PCs should run on it.

For me, 64 megabytes of CF is quite adequate, because I use a
speech-enabled kernel and hardware synthesis. Theoretically, I would
just need to replace their kernel with one that has been compiled with
support for speech synthesis.

If I buy a Mini-Box and make it speak, or build my own talking system
around the mini ITX motherboard, I will certainly describe my
experiences on the list.

Thanks to all who replied to me for their helpful information.  It has
given me plenty of ideas.

---