RE: machine with Linux on flash card

ddunfee@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>       In the fiercely competitive computer world, manufacturers offer many
>       claims to distinguish their products. Andrei Bulucea, a project
>       manager at Ituner Networks, has a particularly striking boast for the
>       Mini-Box M100: "It's completely silent. If you need to sleep with a
>       computer, this is what you want."

I've had this idea of building a talking "network computer" for a while.
You know, something silent which could sit on the dresser in my bedroom,
utilizing the hard-disk of a server in the dining room.  I think this thing
is my answer.  In fact, it seems like a better bargain than a laptop.
I want portability, but most of the laptops I have found are undesirable
for some reason or other.
I want something which I could carry to my university campus.  An ethernet
jack could give me access to the Unix machines in our computer lab, when I needed
it.  That's a good thing, because I'm taking a Unix System Administration course
this summer.  Yes, I need a portable talking "network computer", and I think
I have found it!

Just how portable is this machine?  Have any of the sighted listers seen
it?  Could I theoretically carry it in a briefcase, with a standard external
keyboard and a serial synth?  An external hard disk would be nice too,
but its a luxury item.  I am pretty excited about this device, but I need
to do some serious thinking before I spend $500 US dollars.