Zinf is silent! Why?

Hi.  I have tried compiling Zinf on my slackware machine and installing
the precompiled RPM's on my Red Hat system.  On slackware, I get errors,
so I thought that was why it would say it was playing a song but it
remained silent.  However, there are no errors installing it on Red Hat,
and it is still silent while it says it's playing a file.  Has anyone
using this program successfully?  If so, can you tell me how you got it to
work?

Thanks
Lorenzo

    if (argc > 1 && strcmp(argv[1], "-advice") == 0) {
	printf("Don't Panic!\n");
	exit(42);
    }
	-- Arnold Robbins in the LJ of February '95, describing RCS