Re: redhat accessibility

klbrown writes:

>    I have a VIA KT333 with an Athlon XP processor.  Currently I am using
>    Windows Me and Windows-eyes with a SBlive! value sound card as my synth.
>    Does Redhat linux 8.0 accessibility support this type of set up

You do have options on Linux that can be used with software speech. Yasr and Emacspeak are two examples.

> ?  Can a
>    blind person install the linux without sighted assistance?
Not with software speech. You'll need either hardware speech or a refreshable braille device. Or, you'll need to use a second computer to provide speech during the
installation.

> I have a second
>    partition on my hard drive where I can install linux.  I also have a set
>    of emergancy speaking rescue diskets which contains the Jupiter speech
>    system using an genaric speech synth on com1.  Can I boot the system with
>    these diskets and then some how start the redhat install from CDROM?

No.

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development