Re: Mail problems

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 08:03:58PM +0200, Odd Martin Baanrud wrote:
> Hi!
>
> How can I remove idim from the adress?
> And, how can I easiest get mail in linux?
I use exim as mail transfer agent (mta). It is extremely easy to set up.
What you need is Ädress Rewriting".. In Exim this is done by a file
called /etc/email-adresses:

# This is /etc/email-addresses. It is part of the exim package
#
#
#user: someone@xxxxxxx
#otheruser: someoneelse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
rudolf: rudolf.weeber@xxxxxx

rudolf is my local username. On the rightt hand side is my Email-Adress.
Other mta's do this differently.

Yours, Rudolf

--
A mathematician is a machine, that converts coffee into theorems.

Rudolf Weeber
Muehlrain 9
70180 Stuttgart
Tel: 0711 62009381