Re: Versabraille

Hello there:
The only info I could find about this old beast is this following little blurb.  It tells you how to null modem cable, at least that's what I can figure out of it.
The tape-based VersaBraille is a paperless brailling device with a serial interface. To interface with the tape-based VersaBraille, you need the special
I/O cable that comes with the VersaBraille. Examine it. One side is hammer shaped, and it goes into the VersaBraille. The other side is either a female
or a male 25-pin connection. Use a straight through female-to-female (or female-to-male) cable with a null modem adapter to connect the VersaBraille to
one of your serial ports. TeleSensory recommends a null modem adapter that has wires 1 and 7 straight through, swaps wires 2 and 3, swaps wires 4 and 5,
and ties 6 and 8 together on each end and connects them to 20 on the other end.

Load the terminal overlay and set the parameters as follows: b 9600; d 8; p n; s 1; t c; ll 80; pl 0; ci sp (or y if you want to capture carriage returns);
cr 0; et eot; dx f; hs dtr; ai n; co cr; ak n; dci n; cts y; cd n

Save these parameters with a chord-o. Open a new chapter and get into remote mode with a chord-r r. Make sure that the cursor is up. Then you are ready
to send material to the VersaBraille.